Monday, August 17, 2009

School Daze

The alarm started to scream at 5:00 am. I hadn't too long went to sleep, but I sprang right up excited to start the day. I had Zaige's clothes laid out. I let him choose his first day attire (I gave him two choices). I showered and dressed before waking him. I woke Zaige up at six. Time to brush your teeth, wash your face, brush your hair, lotion your arms---Time for school! I guess Zaige was ready to get his day started too. He had no complaints, he just popped right up and started moving. My little guy:-)I've decided to send their lunch everyday this year. Pam said there weren't many options when it came to the menu--beef and pork. If the cafeteria happens to have a tasty selection one day, he has a five spot in his backpack to cover it. We talked while he ate breakfast. He has grown so much. Our conversations are meaningful. I love my babies !! I drove him to school today because there was no way he could have managed by himself on the bus with all of those supplies! We left the house at 6:40. School starts at 7:40--we're good on time. The school is six miles away. Met his teacher Ms. Montgomery, she seems nice. We'll see as the year progresses. Right now Zaige is indifferent. He is one with few reactions/emotions about most things. Can't wait to find out how is day went. We'll meet at the bus stop around three--until then......

No comments:

Post a Comment