
With the burial of Michael Jackson earlier this week, to me it signified how fragile life truly is. In death he received an outpouring of accolades and love which is a stark contrast to the ridicule and harsh comments which followed him throughout his life. When someone passed on my father used to say, "Let the Dead bury the Dead." Of course this statement has a biblical meaning but to me it meant do not waste your time mourning over those who have died but to live your life as God would have you to live it. I said all that to say that I believe in living like there is no tomorrow(with restraints of course). This is why I purchased the children bicycles now as opposed to waiting for Christmas---Summer and Fall is the time for riding. Everyone loves wind in their hair. They were so excited! Now I can't keep them inside. I am going to exchange Zaige's bike for one without training wheels. He is ready for the next level. Go head boy!
This Labor Day weekend we are going to get out in the city. We will go to the park, ride our bikes,and feed the ducks. Last night we rented 17 Again. As we sat in a slightly illuminated room eating our cracker jacks and enjoying the movie, I couldn't help but note the underlying lesson within the story. 17 Again is about a middle aged man who feels like his life has been ruined because of unfulfilled dreams---or dreams deferred. He realizes that he wasted his years worrying about what could have been when he should have been enjoying what was. The movie received three stars. Side note: 1star= bad, 2 stars= ok, 3 stars= good, 4 stars= great, 5 stars= that's what's up!
Water your flowers- enrich their soil while they are alive because they will not live forever!
Such profound statements from my wise daughter-in-law. I love seeing my precious grandchildren on bikes. What fun there is to be had. When I come to visit, I'll have to take a ride!
ReplyDeleteFrom cyberspace, it appears Zaige's is a bit small but it also looks like Kingson might be able to handle the one Zaige has. Of course, that's an observation from afar. And then there is my precious, beautiful Ivory in everything pink. What else is there to say?