
I was so exhausted going into the weekend that I could hardly keep my eyes open. You see I had a huge final on Thursday and I pulled an all niter Wednesday. Needless to say, I will never and I mean never do that again! It seemed like I was never going to recover from my all niter because we had such a busy weekend: Christmas play practice Friday night,early Saturday morning,and Sunday. It was all worth it though. The children were reluctant to participate in the church play initially, but after attending practice they are all gung-ho. Zaige was chosen to play one of the three wise men, Kingson will play Joseph and Ivory will be one of four to recite the Our Father's Prayer. It seems like just a few yesterdays ago that Pam, Sederrick, Tomeka, and I were the leading assemble cast of the all the church plays. After one weekend, Ivory can recite the Our Father Prayer and they all are singing Emmanuel. Zaige even inquired about next Sunday's service.
In addition to practicing for the church play this weekend, we also went to see The Princess and the Frog. After mentioning it to Pam, she and Simone expressed their desire to see it as well. Zaige would stay at the house with Zion (he said he did not want to watch a girly movie!) The Princess and the Frog was phenomenal! Pam said it best, "I'm not just interested in the movies because it's about a black princess, but it's about my culture!" The Princess and the Frog is about Tianna, a young woman from Louisiana. Disney put their foot in that one! We were all thoroughly pleased. I will be buying that as a keepsake!
Something else wonderful happened this weekend--Zaige finished his book,
Warriors Into the Wild by Erin Hunter. He is a young man of his word. He said that he would finish it in three weeks and so he has. He is so proud of himself as he should be. He wanted me to inform everyone of the news, especially his G-mama. He already wants to start reading the second book in the series. I may have to give it to him before Christmas considering his new goal is to complete the book by the holiday.
KK, I'm glad you survived your all niter and hope you never have to do it again. It amazes me how many balls you are keeping in the air. Thank you for taking such great care of my precious grand babies. It would be great to see them in their first Christmas play. I know they will do an awesome job. Take plenty of pictures for me. Zaige, I'm so proud of your reading 25 chapters in 3 weeks while still making As in all your classes. You are brilliant and are setting such a good example for your younger brother and sister.
ReplyDelete